Yeagarup Hut is a fabulous initiative by the Department of Parks and Wildlife with the 4WD Club of WA, enabling groups to enjoy the D’Entrecasteaux National Park and hiring this group camping facility.
The hut is located around 45min drive from Pemberton township, on the south side of the Yeagarup Dune system; the largest landlocked dune system of their type in the Southern Hemisphere. From the hut is a 8km 4WD drive to the Southern Ocean and the mouth of the Warren River.
The Yeagarup Hut site contains:
- Large open group dining area
- Double commercial sink and prep bench,
- Gas BBQ
- Wood BBQ / firepit (seasonal)
- 2 x Large tables undercover with bench seating for 30
- 2 x Large rooms, suitable for bedrooms or storage
- 2 x Pit toilets
- 1 x Bathroom with Hot shower
- Rainwater is supplied (may be seasonally restricted)
- A post and rail fence and pine post section restricts the carpart from the tents
- There are a further 2 ouytdoor picnic tables and a fire pit (seasonal) to make group camping and entertaining easy, accessible and fun in all seasons and in the majority of all-weather types!